Categories: Business & Photography.
See, I told you guys things were going to be slow around these parts here lately. I feel like a ping pong ball bounced back and forth between the pending wedding (EIGHT DAYS!!), work, home, family, and life. It’s really hard to figure out what to prioritize but I can safely say that blogging has not been one of them. I really look forward to getting back to my normal routine though, and I have SO many great things to blog about after the wedding :)
So now that August has come and gone, it’s time to see how I did with my goals and set a few new ones…
For business goals in August, I…
- Tackled an article for a digital photographers magazine – Can’t wait until this comes out!
- Had a great time shooting at the BorroWED Trunk Show
- Put together goody bags for the BorroWED Trunk Show attendees
- Designed and ordered pet postcards
- Write and send an August newsletter - Nope, not so much. At least I conquered 4/5 goals!
For personal goals in August, I…
- Had an AMAZING time with our entire wedding party in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, NC for our bachelor/bachelorette weekend! – So many amazing memories were made and I’m so thankful so many of our wedding party members made new friends with one another. We have the best wedding party EVER!
- Continue to ride, run, swim as much as possible. Sweat every day. - Hardly rode at all :( Ran a handful of times. Probably did sweat every day cleaning stalls/doing barn chores, though.
- Seriously did some work on my wedding to do list – So close to wrapping up all our projects!
- Write my latest ALW bride blogger post - I think I did this? See what I mean about being a ping pong ball with my head in 100 different places. I can’t even remember anything!
For business goals in September, I’d like to:
- Send out some goodies to my fall clients :)
- Shoot my handful of portrait sessions and one wedding well and have FUN!
- Continue adding past galleries to my new SmugMug account
- Calibrate my monitor
For personal goals in September, I’d like to:
- ENJOY our wedding, all of our friends and family, and the amazing occasion :)
- ENJOY and RELAX on our mini honeymoon! (We’re going to Florida for a few days then doing something bigger next year once life slows down)
- Don’t work on our mini honeymoon. This will be a challenge for sure!
I know those lists are pretty short, but this is a BIG month and I just can’t bury myself in goals. October, November, and December will be big months for other reasons :)
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!