Categories: Business & Photography.
See, I told you guys things were going to be slow around these parts here lately. I feel like a ping pong ball bounced back and forth between the pending wedding (EIGHT DAYS!!), work, home, family, and life. It’s really hard to figure out what to prioritize but I can safely say that blogging has not been one of them. I really look forward to getting back to my normal routine though, and I have SO many great things to blog about after the wedding :)
So now that August has come and gone, it’s time to see how I did with my goals and set a few new ones…
For business goals in August, I…
- Tackled an article for a digital photographers magazine – Can’t wait until this comes out!
- Had a great time shooting at the BorroWED Trunk Show
- Put together goody bags for the BorroWED Trunk Show attendees
- Designed and ordered pet postcards
- Write and send an August newsletter - Nope, not so much. At least I conquered 4/5 goals!
For personal goals in August, I…
- Had an AMAZING time with our entire wedding party in Wilmington/Wrightsville Beach, NC for our bachelor/bachelorette weekend! – So many amazing memories were made and I’m so thankful so many of our wedding party members made new friends with one another. We have the best wedding party EVER!
- Continue to ride, run, swim as much as possible. Sweat every day. - Hardly rode at all :( Ran a handful of times. Probably did sweat every day cleaning stalls/doing barn chores, though.
- Seriously did some work on my wedding to do list – So close to wrapping up all our projects!
- Write my latest ALW bride blogger post - I think I did this? See what I mean about being a ping pong ball with my head in 100 different places. I can’t even remember anything!
For business goals in September, I’d like to:
- Send out some goodies to my fall clients :)
- Shoot my handful of portrait sessions and one wedding well and have FUN!
- Continue adding past galleries to my new SmugMug account
- Calibrate my monitor
For personal goals in September, I’d like to:
- ENJOY our wedding, all of our friends and family, and the amazing occasion :)
- ENJOY and RELAX on our mini honeymoon! (We’re going to Florida for a few days then doing something bigger next year once life slows down)
- Don’t work on our mini honeymoon. This will be a challenge for sure!
I know those lists are pretty short, but this is a BIG month and I just can’t bury myself in goals. October, November, and December will be big months for other reasons :)
Although I have deep roots in Maryland where I grew up, I am absolutely in love with all things southern. I live on a farm in a small town in South Carolina with my handsome husband, my beautiful step-son, our two yellow lab fur-kids, and three spoiled horses. My blog is a journal of sorts. It’s where I can share all about the things I love so much: my family, our life together, and of course all of the amazing and wonderful people and pets whose story I get to tell.
I love collaborating with laid-back and down- to-earth couples who appreciate the value their wedding images will have for the rest of their lives, and I believe in unique weddings that are truly designed around two people and who they are together. I strive to create images that are emotional, organic, fresh, and genuine, but that will remain timeless twenty, thirty, or sixty years down the road. I believe in printed images, developing friendships with my clients, and having a completely relaxed and enjoyable wedding experience. Each and every story I get to tell is unique and I truly enjoy sharing all of the little pieces that together form this beautiful relationship.
I am currently booking weddings for 2013 and 2014, so please get in touch below to start the journey of documenting your love.