Categories: Business & Photography.
Well, September was here and gone in a flash, just like I expected it would be. September was a big month personally, but now that October is here, it’s time to get re-focused from my mini-break for our wedding and tighten up on work. Here’s the run down of how my September goals went…
For business goals in September, I…
- Send out some goodies to my fall clients – Done and done! I love sending gifts :)
- Shoot my handful of portrait sessions and one wedding well and have FUN! – Check.
- Continue adding past galleries to my new SmugMug account – Never had time to get to the library (my wireless card is too slow at the house!)
- Calibrate my monitor – DONE as of this morning! Woohoo!
For personal goals in September, I’d like to:
- ENJOY our wedding, all of our friends and family, and the amazing occasion :) – We had such a wonderful wedding, I love re-living it through our images!
- ENJOY and RELAX on our mini honeymoon! - Definitely DONE! We had such an amazing little trip to Florida and I really want to go back to just relaxing and having no agenda!
- Don’t work on our mini honeymoon. This will be a challenge for sure! – This was HARD. I hate feeling unproductive and like I’m not accomplishing anything each day, but I know a break from work is healthy. I answered some emails, but otherwise didn’t work. So I think that’s counted as a success.
For business goals in October, I’d like to:
- Shoot all of my portrait sessions and weddings well!
- Make my publication chart and keep up with it
- Continue adding past galleries to my new SmugMug account
- Continue to fill in my blogging calendar and brainstorm blog content weekly
- Update my website and galleries
- Work on determining a daily office schedule
- Pre-blog as much as possible
For personal goals in October, I’d like to:
- Really nail down a menu on Sunday of each week so that I’m not wasting office hours Monday morning trying to figure out what to cook for the week
- Order our wedding thank you cards
- Re-organize our house, which is still in a state of disarray from the wedding and our gifts
- Ride at least once a week
- Steam clean our carpet (again!) since Lexi threw up chicken manure she apparently ate ALL over our living room carpet. It’s so stained!
Catch ya in a month!
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!