Categories: Business & Photography.
I wasn’t sure how often I’d be reviewing the goals I set for this year, but since March just ended and we’re officially 1/4 of the way through the year, I think it would be smart to look at where I am in comparison to where I need to be to accomplish my goals in 2012.
If you’d like to look over my original post, you can find it here.
So far in terms of business goals, I have:
2. Learned to shoot film and actively use it for personal work
4. Actively second shoot as often as the opportunity arises. I worked with Paige of Paige Winn Photo last weekend and had an absolute blast. She is so good at what she does and I found it to be a really great opportunity to learn, gain experience, and work next to someone whose work I really admire. I’ll be blogging that wedding next week. I’m looking forward to working with her more this year and am always open to other second shooting opportunities. I’m definitely eager and excited to learn :)
6. Continued to volunteer for shelters and pets in need. Not as often as I’d like because I’m still finding it difficult to build a long-term relationship with a shelter anywhere nearby, but I’ve worked with a few groups here and there
9. Kept up with my 52 weeks of Riley and Lexi project
11. Had a pet session featured on a popular pet blog. I’m so excited both Dog Milk and Hair of the Dog have featured my work so far this year!
13. Made more photographer friends this year. So exciting to be building friendships with so many wonderful people in the industry! I only hope to continue to grow my circle of photographer friends this year :)
14. Photograph more horses and cats. I’ve photographed my own horses a handful of times (doesn’t really count haha), and I had my first full-on 100% cat session in March, which was great!
17. Established a quarterly online newsletter. 2/4 of my mailings have gone out so far this year! To get on the list and catch the summer mailing, click here.
19. Had one “review” day at the end of each month. So far, so good! It’s been great for me to review my financials, re-organize, and evaluate my short and long term goals.
So far in terms of lifestyle/other goals, I have:
23. Come up with a somewhat-consistent schedule for my weeks and daily plans. Always a work in progress, but I’ve got a fairly straight-forward general structure of the day, I just need to get a little better at ironing out the details that have a lot to do with productivity. To see what a “typical” day looks like, click here.
24. Read one book a month. So far this year I’ve read: Permission Marketing, One Bite at a Time: 52 Projects for Making Life Simpler, The Hunger Games Series (started last year), and I’m currently reading The Five Love Languages
28. Work one day every two weeks on wedding stuff. This started out REALLY good. As in, I was making every Wednesday a really productive Wedding Wednesday with my afternoon hours. Then work got busy and it’s shifted to the backburner. I’m determined to get back on track because I was feeling so accomplished, and it also made me so excited every Wednesday to have time to sit back and think about how badly I can’t wait to marry my best friend :) To see some of my WW posts, click here.
29. Foster at least 2 labs for LLR. You can read more about Greta and Chase here.
So…so far, fairly okay. Some of these are not totally crossed off the list until the year is over, but I’m excited that some of the bigger things I thought would happen later in the year are already done. Here’s to the rest of 2012!
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!