Categories: Business & Photography.
What an honor it is to see Caitlin and Kyle’s hometown Aiken wedding with Cote Designs featured in the most recent issue of The Knot: The Carolinas. This was such a perfect southern fall day and the design and florals were stunning. You can pick up your issue on newsstands around the South!
Should I just start calling this the Monday Five? This post got bumped by Allie and Tom’s gorgeous Savannah wedding on Friday, but I think this is the third month that my Friday Five has been on a Monday. Oh well, some good reading to start your week and kill some time at the office, right? Ha :) Here’s five things I’m loving or that are on my mind this Fri…er, Monday ;) and a few of my favorite Instagrams from the month!
1. Financial Coach Will Ray: We started working with Will Ray last fall and 9 months later, I can still say it was one of the best decisions we ever made. I think it’s incredibly valuable to have someone guide/coach you on your finances so that you’re able to swiftly work toward your goals, and Will has really helped us do that. Not only that, but working on our finances together has been incredible for us and our marriage. If you’re looking for some guidance, I’d highly recommend following Will or setting up a coaching session with him.
2. Our pool: For the first time in 2 years, our pool in amazing shape and that was a HUGE victory for me in June. We just hadn’t had the time to properly attend to it the past 2 summers but this year, with us moving into the new house soon, I knew it was important to finally kick things into high gear and get our second pond under control and looking like a real pool again. Trouble Free Pool has been a huge resource for me…if your a pool owner and struggle with the upkeep, their website is so helpful!
3. Halfway: 2015 is officially halfway over! This has been such a fast year…but at the same time it feels like yesterday we were staring at our house, feeling like a summer of 2015 move in was so far away. I can’t believe I’m halfway through with my weddings for the year, less than 6 months way from the holidays, and soon it will be fall! Mind blown. Seriously. Time flies.
4. Reviews: Does anyone else rely on product reviews a ton when they’re purchasing things new things? Right now I’m shopping for our toilets and sinks in the new house and I won’t even click on a product that doesn’t have reviews. Hearing what real people have to say has a huge influence on me as a consumer. But strangely enough, I am terrible about leaving reviews myself. Like, I never do. I should probably do better about that.
5. House Update: I swear one of these days I’ll do a full post solely on the house, with real pictures other than iPhone photos. But we are getting so much closer! There’s still a lot to be done, but this week our kitchen cabinets were installed and wow…we have a kitchen! I am in LOVE with it and just can’t stop dreaming about all the great meals we’ll cook there, the entertaining we’ll do, the conversations we’ll have at that big ole island. Ugh I am so smitten with it :)
Happy end of June! :)
There is no sweeter wedding than one rooted in family and tradition. Allie and Thomas chose to be married in a small town just outside of Savannah, in the same church her parents and grandparents were married, and they celebrated their reception in the front yard of a home that has been in Allie’s family for generations. This is the same yard Allie played in as a kid with her cousins (some of whom stood by her side as bridesmaids), so this small town in Georgia has so much significance to not one family but now two, as both families came from near and far to celebrate this marriage on Saturday. And what could make for a better celebration than such a beautiful event planned under the oaks?
I loved every second of being a part of Allie and Thomas’ wedding and know that they have found the perfect fit in one another, and I am so excited to share these images…filled with so much love and joy!
Planning, Coordination and Design: Carlson’s Premiere Events | Florals: Joann’s Florist | Ceremony: Jerusalem Lutheran Church | Reception Venue: Private family home | Bride’s Dress: Sottero and Midgely purchased from Bellisima Bride of Deerfield Beach | Bride’s Shoes: Toms| Bride’s Jewelry: Family pieces| Veil: Heirloom, worn by the mother of the bride | Bridesmaid Dresses: J. Crew | Groom & Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse| Makeup: 30 Volume Salon | Ceremony & Cocktail Hour Music: Chris Dooley | Reception Music: All About You Entertainment | Catering: Savannah Event Catering | Cakes: Savannah’s Hall of Cakes | Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas | Videographer: Still Co.
Britt Croft is a Savannah Wedding Photographer available for weddings throughout South Carolina, Georgia and Florida, including Charleston, Beaufort, Hilton Head, The Golden Isles, St. Augustine, and beyond.
Categories: Business & Photography.
Thank you so much to the ladies at Southern Bride Magazine who gladly published Charlotte and Andy’s gorgeous Charleston wedding at the William Aiken House in their most recent issue. Katie at The Burlap Elephant did a wonderful job bringing Charlotte’s vision to life and it was such a joy and honor to be able to document such a wonderful day for these two families! You can find this issue on newstands around the Southeast.
Britt Croft is a Charleston wedding and portrait photographer, available for portrait sessions throughout the Lowcountry and Southeast including but not limited to Savannah, Columbia, Greenville, St. Augustine, and beyond.
I am so excited to finally share Allie’s gorgeous bridal portraits! Allie radiated a classic Southern bride in her choices from beginning to end…just wait until you see their gorgeous wedding photos! I was in love with the decision Allie made to have her bridal portraits done on family property…a place she spent many years playing and growing up as a child and somewhere with so much meaning. These images are a mixture of film and digital and I’m so thrilled with how easy and real they feel. We lucked out with gorgeous spring weather, flowers, and greenery and Allie just brought it all together seamlessly with her stunning wedding gown. I can’t wait to share their wedding images soon!
Britt Croft is a Savannah wedding and portrait photographer, available for portrait sessions throughout the Lowcountry and Southeast including but not limited to Charleston, Hilton Head, Beaufort, The Golden Isles, St. Augustine, and beyond.
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!