I typically only shoot a few pet sessions each year, so for Paige to be one of the pups who got in front of my camera this year was awesome. This senior girl was just as lively and busy as she could be. She stayed on the go our entire session but would also bounce in between her mom and dad…loving on them and begging for treats. We had a beautiful evening in Aiken for her session, and I’m happy to be sharing a few of my favorites today!
Caitlin and Kyle are one of the most stunning, dapper couples I’ve ever had in front of my camera. Their classic looks pair beautifully together and it’s so evident that they are one another’s best friends. Having met Caitlin back in July for her bridals, I was eager to meet her other half and of course Kyle was just as calm, cool, and collected as I’d imagined he would be. They were married this past Saturday in their hometown of Aiken, South Carolina, and their entire day had southern elegance written all over it. I love shooting in Aiken and it was a dream taking everyone to South Boundary for a few pictures. Their reception that evening at the Palmetto Golf Club was just beautiful. Between Nandina and Cote Designs, the decor was amazing. What a fun day it was and I’m so excited to share some of my favorites!
The final gallery of images is available for viewing and ordering here.
Ceremony: St. Mary Help of Christians Catholic Church | Reception: Palmetto Golf Club | Florals and Design: Cote Designs | Dress: Allure purchased from Elegant Bridals | Bride’s shoes: Vince Camuto | Bride’s Jewelry: Heirloom pearl bracelet & James Allen earrings | Bridesmaid Attire: Alfred Sung | Groomsmen Attire: The Black Tux | Reception Music: The Traveling Riverside Band | Catering: The Silver Palm | Cake: Delightful Bites Cakery | Invitations: Wedding Paper Divas | Custom Pint Glasses: EGrandstand | Rentals: All-Star Tents and Events
Caitlin and Kyle were married in Aiken this weekend and it was BEAUTIFUL! I’ll be sharing more from their wedding later this week, but in the meantime I have Caitlin’s beautiful bridal portraits! I’ve been so excited to share these since July when we shot them at Redcliffe Plantation. It was HOT that day, but Caitlin was such a sport, trekking all over the property in her stunning lace gown. She is so naturally beautiful, very elegant, and was incredible at ease in front of the camera, making it such a fun morning. And one of my favorite people ever, Karin of Cote Designs, supplied Caitlin with the most stunning portrait bouquet. It smelled even better than it looked! Enjoy some of my favorites!
Florals: Cote Designs | Dress: Allure purchased from Elegant Bridals
I am so excited to share these images! Becca and Russell are one special couple. It’s been such an honor to be a part of their journey and have them in front of my camera so much this year. First, Becca’s sister and fellow photographer Roxanne invited me to help capture Russell’s incredible proposal, then Becca, Russell, and their family took part in our Farm to Table styled shoot out at the farm, and then I got the most exciting news ever that I’d get to be their wedding photographer. Those Morgan girls have incredible taste, so I knew this was going to be a beautiful, personal, and special event.
Cottontop Plantation served as the most perfect backdrop to their intimate wedding, and no detail was left untouched. Becca wore her grandmother’s dress, whom her aunt had also worn as well. During their First Look, Becca had the biggest smile ever as she walked up behind Russell. With just Becca’s sisters by her side and Russell’s brothers by his side, their ceremony was heartfelt and you could feel the excitement between the two of them to finally be married. The evening was spent under the most beautiful cafe lighting, with long farmhouse tables surrounding the dance floor. Becca’s aunt’s veil served as linen for the cake table, and later Becca changed into her reception dress to cut it up on the dancefloor. It was so fun being a part of such a huge day for these families and I’m so excited about sharing some of my favorite photos!
The full gallery of images will be available for viewing and ordering by end of day Friday 10/3.
Venue: Cottontop Plantation | Design: The bride | Bride’s Dress: Heirloom family dress | Bride’s Shoes: Badgely Mischka | Reception Dress: Purchased from Esther Boutique | Veil: Vera Wang purchased from David’s Bridal | Bridesmaid Attire: Jenny Yoo | Bridesmaid Shoes: Jack Rogers | Groomsmen Attire: Greg Norman | Florals: Dyson Designs | Catering: Sweet Magnolia’s | Ceremony Music: Jackson Sisters String Quartet | Reception Music: DJ Bob Bonnett | Videography: Roxanne Photography | Cake: Theresa Reed | Rentals: Simply Elegant Rentals | Invitations: Alicia’s Gifts
Whoopsies. I’m back from a little Friday Five hiatus. We all lead crazy lives and for each of us, when things get busy, something goes. Sadly my monthly Friday Five posts were one of those things that just didn’t get done. But I really made it a priority for this month, so I’m excited to share five things that are on my mind this Friday :)
1. It’s Fall!: It’s officially fall, and I am loving the drop in temperature and humidity. I feel like seasons make my Friday Five lists often and for a good reason…I spend a lot of time outside so the weather really impacts my mood. Sadly this week it’s been a catch 22…the temps are great, but it’s been cloudy and rainy. We need the rain, so I have mixed feelings about it. But the lack of sunshine definitely bothers me after a while, and I had to reschedule a portrait session which always kind of stinks for everyone involved and excited. It looks like we’ll get another good rain early next week, and then hopefully we can welcome the sunshine back :)
2. Fall TV: With fall comes the return of fall TV. In our house, the most exciting show is Nashville. My husband loves The Blacklist, too, but our thing together is Nashville. Best, most addicting and plot-twisting show I’ve seen since I was obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy in high school. We’ll get to watch the (DVR’d) season premiere this evening and I. Can’t. Wait.
3. One Kings Lane: Since things are still moving pretty slow with the house reno and there’s not a ton to report, lately I’ve been dreaming about that time that will
maybe hopefully one day come that we’ll be able to dive into the reallllllly fun stuff. Like hanging tons of pictures, buying a big, giant cozy new couch, and decorating. I know we’ll have to do a little bit of that as we go considering it’s a large house to furnish, but my newest home obsession is OKL. Each day when I get their sale email I spend a few minutes ohhing and ahhing over all the goodies. The items I tend to alllllllllllmost fall victim too the quickest are picture frames, blankets, bedding, and rugs. I want all of the thingssssss.
4. Real Food/Going Chemical Free: So I’ve gotten a little crunchy in the last few months. Paying more attention to the foods we were eating and the things we used to clean really opened my eyes. We’re definitely not going to the extreme here, but we’ve been making some small changes that I think have made us feel a lot better. Things like cooking more real food and buying very few processed products (did you know how easy it is to make REAL cream of mushroom soup for green bean casserole? So easy!), using all-natural soaps, switching out our shampoo’s and conditioners, and making our own cleaning products. Small changes that make a big difference.
5. Amazon Prime: I know I’m late to jump on this bandwagon but this summer we finally got an Amazon Prime membership and I have to say that living in the middle of NOWHERE especially, Prime is SO daggone helpful. I can literally order anything and it comes so quickly. It’s somewhat dangerous but also incredibly helpful and I have no idea why it took me so long to finally do it.
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!