I am so excited to share these images! Becca and Russell are one special couple. It’s been such an honor to be a part of their journey and have them in front of my camera so much this year. First, Becca’s sister and fellow photographer Roxanne invited me to help capture Russell’s incredible proposal, then Becca, Russell, and their family took part in our Farm to Table styled shoot out at the farm, and then I got the most exciting news ever that I’d get to be their wedding photographer. Those Morgan girls have incredible taste, so I knew this was going to be a beautiful, personal, and special event.
Cottontop Plantation served as the most perfect backdrop to their intimate wedding, and no detail was left untouched. Becca wore her grandmother’s dress, whom her aunt had also worn as well. During their First Look, Becca had the biggest smile ever as she walked up behind Russell. With just Becca’s sisters by her side and Russell’s brothers by his side, their ceremony was heartfelt and you could feel the excitement between the two of them to finally be married. The evening was spent under the most beautiful cafe lighting, with long farmhouse tables surrounding the dance floor. Becca’s aunt’s veil served as linen for the cake table, and later Becca changed into her reception dress to cut it up on the dancefloor. It was so fun being a part of such a huge day for these families and I’m so excited about sharing some of my favorite photos!
The full gallery of images will be available for viewing and ordering by end of day Friday 10/3.
Venue: Cottontop Plantation | Design: The bride | Bride’s Dress: Heirloom family dress | Bride’s Shoes: Badgely Mischka | Reception Dress: Purchased from Esther Boutique | Veil: Vera Wang purchased from David’s Bridal | Bridesmaid Attire: Jenny Yoo | Bridesmaid Shoes: Jack Rogers | Groomsmen Attire: Greg Norman | Florals: Dyson Designs | Catering: Sweet Magnolia’s | Ceremony Music: Jackson Sisters String Quartet | Reception Music: DJ Bob Bonnett | Videography: Roxanne Photography | Cake: Theresa Reed | Rentals: Simply Elegant Rentals | Invitations: Alicia’s Gifts
Whoopsies. I’m back from a little Friday Five hiatus. We all lead crazy lives and for each of us, when things get busy, something goes. Sadly my monthly Friday Five posts were one of those things that just didn’t get done. But I really made it a priority for this month, so I’m excited to share five things that are on my mind this Friday :)
1. It’s Fall!: It’s officially fall, and I am loving the drop in temperature and humidity. I feel like seasons make my Friday Five lists often and for a good reason…I spend a lot of time outside so the weather really impacts my mood. Sadly this week it’s been a catch 22…the temps are great, but it’s been cloudy and rainy. We need the rain, so I have mixed feelings about it. But the lack of sunshine definitely bothers me after a while, and I had to reschedule a portrait session which always kind of stinks for everyone involved and excited. It looks like we’ll get another good rain early next week, and then hopefully we can welcome the sunshine back :)
2. Fall TV: With fall comes the return of fall TV. In our house, the most exciting show is Nashville. My husband loves The Blacklist, too, but our thing together is Nashville. Best, most addicting and plot-twisting show I’ve seen since I was obsessed with Grey’s Anatomy in high school. We’ll get to watch the (DVR’d) season premiere this evening and I. Can’t. Wait.
3. One Kings Lane: Since things are still moving pretty slow with the house reno and there’s not a ton to report, lately I’ve been dreaming about that time that will
maybe hopefully one day come that we’ll be able to dive into the reallllllly fun stuff. Like hanging tons of pictures, buying a big, giant cozy new couch, and decorating. I know we’ll have to do a little bit of that as we go considering it’s a large house to furnish, but my newest home obsession is OKL. Each day when I get their sale email I spend a few minutes ohhing and ahhing over all the goodies. The items I tend to alllllllllllmost fall victim too the quickest are picture frames, blankets, bedding, and rugs. I want all of the thingssssss.
4. Real Food/Going Chemical Free: So I’ve gotten a little crunchy in the last few months. Paying more attention to the foods we were eating and the things we used to clean really opened my eyes. We’re definitely not going to the extreme here, but we’ve been making some small changes that I think have made us feel a lot better. Things like cooking more real food and buying very few processed products (did you know how easy it is to make REAL cream of mushroom soup for green bean casserole? So easy!), using all-natural soaps, switching out our shampoo’s and conditioners, and making our own cleaning products. Small changes that make a big difference.
5. Amazon Prime: I know I’m late to jump on this bandwagon but this summer we finally got an Amazon Prime membership and I have to say that living in the middle of NOWHERE especially, Prime is SO daggone helpful. I can literally order anything and it comes so quickly. It’s somewhat dangerous but also incredibly helpful and I have no idea why it took me so long to finally do it.
James and Janine are literally two of the kindest, funniest, most relaxed people you could ever spend the day with. Their wedding on Saturday at the Cottage of the Creek was full of so many amazing and hilarious moments and they all made the day complete. Despite the chance of rain, we dodged all but a few sprinkles, had beautiful soft light for their first look and wedding party photos, and then following the ceremony they had not only the most stunning sunset over Shem Creek, but a double rainbow over Mt. Pleasant. It was so amazing. The rest of the evening was spent dancing with friends and family, and a few of my favorite moments included Janine’s sorority sisters surprising J & J with the most hilarious rap, and then James’ and his groomsmen serenading Janine to a David Allan Coe classic. Together it all made for the most beautiful celebration for the new Mr. and Mrs. Harris and I’m so glad I was there to document it all. Enjoy some of my favorites!
The full gallery of images will be available here by end of day Friday 9/26.
Venue: Cottage on the Creek | Coordination: Ashley Nicole Events | Florals: Country and Lace | Bride’s Dress: Stella York purchased from Divas | Bride’s Shoes: Lilly Pulitzer | Bride’s Jewelry: Zales | Veil: Divas | Hair & Makeup: Vanity Salon | Groomsmen Attire: Men’s Wearhouse | Bridesmaid Attire: Assortment of David’s Bridal, Wtoo by Waters, JCrew, Weddington Way, Bari Jay, Ralph Lauren | Bridesmaid Bow Earrings: Ringbinder on Etsy | Bridesmaid Bow Bracelets: Vicky Handmade on Etsy | Bridesmaid Bullet Bracelets: On Target Jewelry on Etsy | Cake: Publix | Transportation: SCBarCar | Koozies: Totally Wedding Koozies | Ceremony Music: Palmetto Strings | Reception Music: Spotlight Entertainment
Another lovely lowcountry wedding at the Oldfield Plantation River Club. I just love working here and was so excited to be able to photograph Bonnie and Jesse’s big day. I know there was SO much excitement leading up to their wedding, and it came together so beautifully. I loved their use of oyster shells throughout their decor and florals…so very them. Another thing that was signature to Bonnie and Jesse? Including their dogs Ollie and Zoe in the festivities. I love that they got some time in with them throughout the day and that the dogs even got to come to the reception for a little :) Enjoy a handful of my favorites from their fun Oldfield wedding!
The full gallery of images is available for viewing and ordering here.
Coordination: Bob Rubenkonig and Danielle Tosky | Venue: Oldfield River Club | Bride’s Dress & Veil: Chica’s Bridal | Bride’s Shoes: Nine West | Bridesmaid Attire: David’s Bridal | Bride’s Jewelry: Family heirloom earrings and necklace, Alex and Ani bracelet | Hair & Makeup: Iridescence Beauty Bar | Florals: Branches Designs | Favors: Jim ‘N Nick’s Biscuit Mix | Band: Tell Scarlet
It’s that time again…the annual Kinner family session! These are five of the coolest people I know and each year I’m flattered that they invite me to be the 6th member of their family for about two hours. There is never a dull moment with this crowd, and their family dynamic is literally the coolest. This year we had fun exploring somewhere we’d never been, so it made it a little extra exciting and fresh. Of course I love what we got…these guys are never afraid to laugh, joke, and love on each other :)
*Unfortunately I do not offer family sessions, but if you are looking for a family photographer, I’m happy to pass on referrals!*
Hi! I’m Brittani, and I’m a South Carolina and Georgia wedding and portrait photographer. I’m also a wife, bonus mom, animal lover, and passionate about creating real, timeless, and romantic images that tell a story and are full of life. I’m inspired by light, love, the outdoors, and adventures with my family. Feel free to browse the blog to see more of my work, learn a bit about my life, and don’t hesitate to send me a note if you’d like to chat!